With cloud computing services, users are allowed to access and handle the various applications on the web by sharing the computer resources rather than hosting a personal device or local server. You can choose this service according to the need of the computer resources. The computer resources will be available anytime on-demand by selecting a cloud computing service. There are three modes of cloud computing services, based on their functional and infrastructural facilities. Name of these services are:
• Software as a Service (SAAS)
• Platform as a Service (PAAS)
• Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS)
Cloud Computing Services and Their Advantages
Software as a Service (SAAS)
By choosing SAAS, users are allowed to access the application on a web-based cloud infrastructure. Users can access various applications from their computing devices anytime anywhere. It can be considered as a software distribution model in which a service provider hosts applications and made available to users over the network via the internet. It is application service provider based cloud computing that allows users to access on-demand computing software models.
Advantages of SAAS:
• It is comparatively easier to access
• You will be provided with automatic updates and patch management
• You can get different versions of software that eliminates the compatibility issues
Platform as a Service (PAAS)
This form of cloud computing service is most useful for business or enterprise to manage and access the database on a safe and secure cloud-based platform. The platform as a service provides a cloud-based environment along with everything that required for supporting the complete life cycle of building and delivering web based applications. In this service, you can grant the access to others as per your choice.
Advantages of PAAS:
• It is a cost saving cloud-based computer resource sharing solution
• It also reduced technical maintenance
• It has improved mobility feature
Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS)
In this cloud service model, the consumer is provided with servers, storage, processing, network and other fundamental computing resources. In IAAS, the users not only manage or control the primary cloud infrastructure. Besides, users can also manage the storage, operating system and deployed applications and sometimes also can do control of selected networking components like host firewalls.
Advantages of IAAS:
• It has lots of flexibility to run the specified enterprise’s work process
• It allows managing and maintaining the infrastructure from anywhere, any location on the device
• It is more secure and manageable
With the rapid change in information technology, cloud-based access is something that is enabling the Internet users and business owners a new way to manage and access their valuable data regardless time and place. If you also want to maintain your infrastructure on a cloud-based platform, you must choose IaaS mode. Get in touch with a renowned cloud service provider to access and manage your enterprise efficiently.